Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Ch Ch Ch Changes....




One of my FAV books of the bible is James,  I Love it because it shows what a life transformed by Jesus looks like.
I was reading last night and the one verse that I kept coming back to and soaking in was James 1:19-21.
 It reads:
    Take note of this: Every one should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.


The message version:
Post this at all the intersections, dear friends: Lead with your ears, follow up with your tongue, and let anger straggle along in the rear. God's righteousness doesn't grow from human anger.


So many times I do this backwards and tend to want to just say what I feel and not spend time asking God how I should respond. I have learned and I am still learning that I MUST go to God for my answers and not just automatically go on what I think is the answer; with my kids, hubs, music ministry, and every day relationships. I'm sure you all can relate!


on another note ♪♫

It's new years resolution time!
I have to be honest, I have never really done a new years  resolution.
This year I do have some things I want to work on:

My desire and passion is to grow deeper in Love with my sweet Jesus. I want to see him do amazing things in our church and in my families lives...I have to say I'm more excited about the things of God than I have ever been in my entire life. I KNOW He has awesome things in store for us .( Isiah 43:19, 1Corinthians 2:9,Ecclesoastes 3:11)

I Corinthians 10:24 –The Lord is really showing me how to get better at this.

I Corinthians 16:13-14 – I pray this for me…easy to read, a struggle to apply.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 -The Hubs and I are also working on how to make our marriage even stronger (there is always room for improvement!) I am blessed to be married to a wonderful man of God who cares and loves me deeply.♥

Ephesians 4:4  - When you become a parent you become a student. I'm always learning and I in no way have it mastered! It has always been my prayer that our kids will always see Jesus in us and His awesome love through us. Sometimes it gets crazy at the Segars house and our nerves are shot... I hope to get better at taking a breath before losing my cool.

So here is to 2010! the Best is yet to come!

~


1 Chronicles 16:27


Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and joy in his dwelling place.

1 comment: