Friday, January 15, 2010

Smears & Smudges

 again...I hate to say but I don't have time to sit and write a post...I promise there is one to come soon!
one of the blogs I follow posted this poem and I thought I would share...it is sooo true and I need to be reminded that all the mess can wait...my kids need me to sit down and play and make memories.

Some houses try to hide the fact
That children shelter there,
Ours boasts it quite openly,
The signs are everywhere.

For smears are on the windows,
Little smudges are on the doors.
I should apologize, I guess,
For toys strewn on the floor.

But I sat down with my children
And we played and laughed and read.
And if the doorbell doesn't shine,
Their eyes will shine instead.

For when at times I'm forced to choose
The one job or the other,
I'd like to cook and clean and scrub,
But first I'll be a mother.

Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment