Thursday, March 11, 2010

Garrett's Bed-time Prayer

One of my most favorite things to do with my kids is pray. My son Garrett (who is 3) always has the funniest prayers, it's usually  the same thing "Thank you God for Nanny & Pop, Myma & Daddy Dean, Nana, Anna -and on through a list of family members-"Easter bunny and eggs" (don't know why he is so hung up on the Easter bunny but he has always thanked God for him.) "Grandma B, Mommy, Daddy and my sister Reesie & thank you for my many Bwessings AMEN!" Every now and then he will throw something different in. Hubs and I always share glances of pure joy and sometimes laughter during Garrett's bedtime prayers. Like most kids his age, you NEVER know what's going to come out of his sweet little mouth.

Yesterday after Garrett's class was done at church I went to get him and his teacher hands me his paper from the nights lesson...I noticed she had a smirk on her face and she told me I needed to read what Garrett told her his bedtime prayer was...Below is what he told her to write.
I read through it and was ...thinking He is just precious....then it hit me, waaaaaaaait a minute!
I backed up and saw BROTHER chaWhat?!?! He must know something I don't know lol
I asked him on the car ride home why he thanked God for his brother. His response: " I just wanted to, and and and  I want one....*pause* and and and that's what God Do's, He makes boys."
Hubs and I laughed and laughed.
My heart is for adoption, so maybe one day Garrett will have a little brother =o) or who knows...maybe we will have another little one down the road.
If you ask my Hubs he will totally disagree with the above sentence =o) I do have him praying about adoption though....I know that if God lays it on my heart He will do the same for Hubs...we shall see =o)

Today we head off  to TN for a marriage retreat!!! whoo hoo! We have been soooooooo looking forward to this. We have a blast every year! I'm also doing  a session for a couple while we are there...so excited about that!  It is AMAZING to be able to have fun and goof off with great friends and spend some great time of reconnecting and learning how to make our marriage stronger. I treasure my marriage and don't take it lightly that I have been blessed with a wonderful Godly husband. It is not every day you find one like him, especially in this day and time.
Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend! I know I will ;)


No wonder my heart is filled with joy!
ACTS 2:26





2 comments:

  1. What a cutie pie! Hoping y'all have a great retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet yall are having a great time at the marriage retreat! Looking forward to hearing all about it via blog! I'm happy to have a sweet new blog friend!

    ReplyDelete